Sunday, October 4, 2015

Video Playlist #1: A Trip Across Europe

I got an idea over the summer than I'm finally getting around to developing. I love the idea of obtuse and outside of the box music programming, and programming on a non-obvious theme. I tend to collect oddball ideas like this and never get a chance to really explore them. Today, I end that procrastination.

Let's take an idea. Bands named after something, like people not in the band, or food, or colours. Then program a playlist based on that idea. Not on good music, or if the music necessarily fits together, but on that theme regardless of what the music is. Then we'd get this idea.

I'll be trying to put up a playlist a month, starting with this one. The playlists will be at least 12 songs long. I'll also be trying to focus on obscure bands (especially Canadian ones) and not well known songs from more established artists. October's theme is places in Europe. And I already have more than enough music to make another playlist on the same theme. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mss_KldSE7w&list=PL0QOmyo1JgZdJvrKYQ_5Pbl40_nEmpvi4

Band - Song (* indicates a Canadian band)

1) North Atlantic Explorers* - Don't Want No One Else
2) Rejkyavictim* - Mediocre Superstar
3) Portugal, the Man - Modern Jesus
4) Spain - I'm Still Free
5) Madrid* - Siblings
6) I'm From Barcelona - Violins
7) Hey Marseilles - Heart Beats
8) Milanese - Caramel Cognac
9) Liechtenstein - Ambitions
10) Berlin - Metro
11) Radio Berlin* - Gare du Nord
12) Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Luxembourg
13) Norway* - Save Me
14) Architecture in Helsinki - Debbie
15) Danzig - How the Gods Kill
16) Rational Youth* - Saturdays in Silesia
17) Budapest - Clock Face
18) Mares of Thrace* - The Perpetrator
19) Sunburn in Cyprus - In the Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment