Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Video Playlist #3: The Best of the Rest 2015

I'm due for a new video playlist, plus I'm in the middle of talking about my favourite albums. So, I figured, why not combine the two ideas?

Every year I pick my 10 favourite albums, but I consider a lot more music than just those 10 albums I finish up with. There's also a lot of shorter EP's and compilations that come out that I never count in my Top 10. So, here's a bunch of other music that I liked this year that didn't make my Top 10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1htX3q-F0&list=PL0QOmyo1JgZcermv_mtQyWnmQV3t5fyDO

1) Sleater-Kinney - "A New Wave", from No Cities to Love (Sub Pop)
2) Purity Ring* - "Bodyache" from Another Eternity (Last Gang)
3) White Reaper - "Make Me Wanna Die" from White Reaper Does is Again (Royal Mountain)
4) Foals - "What Went Down" from What Went Down (Transgressive)
5) Ought* - "Beautiful Blue Sky" from Sun Coming Down (Constellation)
6) Braids* - "Miniskirt" from Deep in the Iris (Flemish Eye)
7) Tame Impala - "Let it Happen" from Currents (Modular)
8) Tough Age* - "Snakes and Ladders" from I Get the Feeling Central (Mint)
9) Public Image, Ltd. - "Double Trouble" from What the World Needs Now (PiL)
10) John Grant - "Disappointed" from Grey Tickles, Black Pressure (Dine Alone)
11) Fake Tears* - "Second Wind" from Nightshifting (Mint)
12) Soak - "Sea Creatures" from Before We Forgot How to Dream (Rough Trade)
13) Algiers - :"Blood" from Algiers (Matador)
14) Weed* - "Muscles" from Running Back (Lefse)
15) Seoul* - "The Line: from I Became a Shade (Last Gang)
16) The Backhomes* - "The Chase" from Tidalwave (Independent)
17) Tanlines - "Palace" from Highlights (True Panther Sounds)
18) Low - "What Part of Me" from Ones and Sixes (Sub Pop)
19) Grimes* - "Nightmusic" from Art Angels (4AD)
20) Dri Hiev* - "Contravirtual" from Contravirtual EP (Shake!)
21) Mauno* - "Burn This" from Rough Master (Independent)
22) Tough Age* - "Nicolas Bragg" from Tough Age Play cub's Hot Dog Day EP (Mint)
23) UUBBUURRUU* - "Cosmic Cannibalism" from Swamp Ritual EP (Kapauno)
24) Odd Limbs* - "Shadow Drops" from Walking on Light (Independent)

No comments:

Post a Comment