Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2013 Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

Today, we got the inductees list for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Here's what a predicted, previously:

My picks for the Hall this year are: Donna Summer (she's been nominated the past few years, her death earlier this year should make her a shoo-in), The Marvelettes (there's almost always a 50s and 60s act inducted, this is the best act here), Albert King (trail-blazing bluesman), Rush and Chic. Kraftwerk, PE and NWA will all get in, but probably not this year.

Our inductees are: Rush, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Albert King, Randy Newman and Heart.

So I got 3 out of the 6. Not bad.

Donna Summer, I think, was the only shoo-in. Her death earlier this year and her previous nominations made it a no-brainer. I suspected Rush would get in, but I also could see an anti-prog rock backlash there. I'm a bit surprised that Public Enemy got in, but there has been a run in present years on hip-hop, with the Beastie Boys getting in last year, and Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash going before them. The rest are all solid picks.

Kraftwerk next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment