Friday, December 28, 2012

My picks for Best of 2012

Here's my annual list of my favourite albums of 2012. I'll start recapping them from #10 to #1 in the next couple of days here. Tune in to CFBX on January 11th, 2013 at 8 PM Pacific, for the radio countdown. It was a great year for Canadian music!

1) Eight and a Half - Eight and a Half (Arts and Crafts)
2) PS I Love You - Death Dreams (Paper Bag)
3) Shrouded Strangers - Lost Forever (Izniz)
4) Tanlines - Mixed Emotions (True Panther Sounds)
5) Purity Ring - Shrines (Last Gang)
6) David Byrne and St. Vincent - Love This Giant (4AD)
7) Daphi - Jiaolong (Merge)
8) Ringo Deathstarr - Mauve (Sonic Unyon)
9) Tame Impala - Lonerism (Modular)
10) Parallels - XII (Marigold)

Honourable Mentions: Men Without Hats - Love in the Age of War, Dirty Ghosts - Metal Moon, Gang Signs - Gang Signs, Grimes - Visions, Howler - America Wake Up

No comments:

Post a Comment